B.Sc Zoology Syllabus and Course Description
The syllabus is breaking down in a 3-years course. In this program, students offer all kinds of subjects. This subject covers all the required studies about animal species. In this course, we study structure, evolution, types, and division of all the animals.
The syllabus of the program is as follows:
Life and Diversity from Protozoa to Porifera and Cell Biology I
Life and Diversity from Coelenterate to Helminthes and Cell Biology II
Life and Diversity from Annelids to Arthropods and Genetics I
Life and Diversity from Mollusk to Hemichordate and Genetics II
Life and Diversity of Chordates I
Mammalian Physiology I
Life and Diversity of Chordates II
Mammalian Physiology II
Evolution and Developmental Biology
Aquaculture and Pest Management I
Aquaculture and Pest Management II
There are many jobs for a zoologist. They can work in different areas. These areas include wildlife, national park, zoos, aquarium, animal hospitals, and museums. There are more jobs like taking care of animals, wildlife experts, and zookeepers. Most of the TV channels like national geographic and animal-plant give lots of jobs.
B.Sc Zoology Admission Suitability
- Those who have analytical, data-handling and written communication skills can go for this course.
- The candidates who are interested in opting further studies and have project management, presentation, and oral communication skills, are best suited for the course.
- The candidates should have an interest in animals their lives and eagerness to know about their evolution and development.
How is B.Sc Zoology Course Beneficial?
- The applicants of the program have a lot of further study options in a variety of specializations and with that qualification they can get into the desired work profile.
- The candidates can work for medical laboratories, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, museums, wildlife rehabilitation centres, etc.
- They can also go for the teaching profession after completing the master program from any recognized institutions.
B.Sc Zoology Employment Areas
- Government Hospitals
- Colleges & Universities
- Environmental Agencies
- Medical Laboratories
- Agricultural Firms
- Pharmaceutical Companies
B.Sc Zoology Job Types
- Clinical Business Associate
- Botany/Zoology Faculty Member
- Area Sales Manager
- Medical Representative
- Online Tutor
- Nutrition Specialist
- Research Associate
B.Sc Zoology Colleges
- Arya Vidyapeeth College, Guwahati
- Indira Gandhi National Open University – IGNOU, Delhi
- Mukand Lal National College, Yamuna Nagar
- Adarsh Mahavidyalaya, Osmanabad
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. What can be the best option after B.Sc in zoology?
There is a different opportunity after getting a degree in B.Sc Zoology. Students can study to a higher level and get admission in a different kind of master program. Some of those programs are getting admission to a master’s in science in zoology.
Some students get admission to a master of business administration.
Q. How does physics related to zoology?
Physics explains everything about this plant. It is difficult to study biology without the help of physics. So as it has a connection with the plant. So studying zoology is difficult without the involvement of physics study.
Q. What are the subjects offered in B.Sc zoology?
The subjects that are offered in B.Sc are the study of technology which helps to understand the biological process. It also offered us the structure, behaviour, and kinds of animals.
Q. What jobs are available after a PhD in life science (zoology)?
There are different jobs available after doing a PhD in life science. They can work as an assistant professor in any institute. They can work as research in any related form, can work as a biological researcher and can teach zoology in the related institute. You are allowed to work as a medical scientist. They can be hired at any organization as research associates.