Uttar Pradesh B.Tech Counselling Process 2020
The online counselling process for Uttar Pradesh B.Tech admissions begins in June, and the candidates must register on the official website of UPSEE for the counselling process. The UP counselling process for B.Tech courses involves different stages, and it is quite different from the counselling procedures of other states. All the details about UP B.Tech counselling procedure can be checked below.
Registration: Only UPSEE qualifiers are allowed to register for UP B.Tech online counselling process. JEE Main rank holders can apply individually for different institutes.
- All the candidates who have qualified UPSEE must visit the official website of UPSEE to register for the counselling process.
- Click on the relevant registration link for UP B.Tech counselling.
- On the registration page, the candidates will have to enter UPSEE Application Number and Password to register for the B.Tech counselling process.
- A new page will open with all the details of the candidates.
- Check the details and proceed to document uploading.
Uploading & Verification of Documents: The candidates must upload the scanned copies of relevant documents/ certificates during the online registration for the counselling process. There is no physical verification of documents, and the admission authority will verify the uploaded documents online. The documents must be uploaded in a prescribed format and size.
Registration Fee Payment: After uploading the relevant documents for verification, the candidates must pay UP B.Tech counselling registration fee. The general category must pay Rs. 20,000 while SC/ST categories will have to pay Rs. 12,000. The payment made towards the registration fee will be adjusted with the first-year B.Tech tuition fee. After the seat allotment, the candidates can pay the remaining tuition fee.
Online Choice Filling: Online choice filling for B.Tech courses begins on the scheduled date, and the candidates who have paid registration fee can fill the online choice form. The list of colleges and courses will be available on the official website, and the candidates can fill a maximum number of choices for B.Tech colleges and courses. You can make changes in the online choice filling form (if required).
Locking the Choice: If you are sure about the Online Choice Entry, click on Lock the Choices option to submit your preferences. Once submitted, you cannot edit the option entry form.
The initial UP B.Tech counselling process concludes with locking of choices, and the next stage is seat allotment process.
Documents Required for B.Tech Admission in Uttar Pradesh
The candidates must upload the following documents at the time of online registration for UP B.Tech counselling process –
- Class 10 Certificate/ Mark Sheet
- Class 12 Mark Sheet/ Certificate
- Domicile Certificate/ Residence Certificate (If required)
- Caste/ Category Certificate (If required)
- Proof of Identity
- Any other certificate prescribed by the admission authority
Uttar Pradesh B.Tech Selection Process 2020
The selection process for B.Tech courses in Uttar Pradesh is completely based on the merit and rank of the candidates in the UPSEE exam. The seat allotment process involves different stages, which can be checked below –
Seat Allotment Results: As per the online choice entry form submitted by the candidates, AKTU will publish the seat allotment results on its website. The candidates can check the seat allotment results and choose Freeze, Float or Withdraw option.
Freeze, Float, and Withdraw Option:
- Candidates who are satisfied with the seat allotment must choose ‘Freeze’ option, which means that they are confirming the seat. These candidates are not allowed to take part in the subsequent rounds of the B.Tech admission process.
- Candidates who aspire for upgradation of the seat must choose ‘Float’ option, which means that they are confirming the current seat allotment, and are waiting for an upgradation of the seat. These candidates can take part in the subsequent rounds of seat allotment process.
- Candidates who want to opt-out from the admission process will have to choose ‘Withdraw’ option, which means that they will not be allowed to take part in subsequent rounds of the online counselling process. Rs. 2,000 will be deducted from the counselling fee paid the candidates, and the rest will be refunded to their respective bank accounts.
Physical Reporting to College: After confirming the seat, the candidates must report to the respective college with Seat Allotment Letter (to be printed from official website). These candidates must pay the remaining tuition fee for first-year B.Tech course.
AKTU conducts three rounds of online counselling process for B.Tech admissions. Finally, a spot round admission process will be conducted, and the candidates who failed to secure admission in any of the counselling rounds can apply for spot admission round.
Uttar Pradesh B.Tech Seat Allotment 2020
The fourth seat allotment of UPSEE 2019 will be released in the online mode. Candidates can take a look at the seat allotment result by entering the roll number and password.
Top B.Tech Colleges in Uttar Pradesh 2020
Here is the list of some of the top B.Tech colleges in Uttar Pradesh along with seat matrix –
For the list of more UP engineering colleges, click on the link below –
Engineering Colleges in Uttar Pradesh, B.Tech Specialisations, and Fee Structure
We hope that this article has clarified all your doubts regarding Uttar Pradesh B.Tech admissions 2020. If you still have any doubts on UP B.Tech admission and counselling process, please post your query/ question in Q & A section .
For the latest updates on UP B.Tech admissions 2020.
All the Best!