BITSAT is a national level exam conducted by BITS Pilani for admission to Integrated First Degree programs offered at BITS campuses in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad. BITSAT 2020 will tentatively be held from May 16 to 30, 2020 across India and abroad in online mode.
Latest: BITSAT 2020 Registration is expected to begin from first week of January, 2020.
- Candidates must have passed class 12 with 60% in each subject and Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- BITSAT is a computer based test having 150 multiple choice questions. Check BITSAT Exam Pattern
- Each question fetches you 3 marks whereas 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- BITSAT Syllabus includes 5 sections- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, English and Logical Reasoning.
- The result will be released in May 2020 and counselling will begin in June 2020.
BITSAT 2020 Highlights
The key points about BITSAT 2020 are highlighted below:
|Conducting Body||BITS Pilani|
|BITSAT Full Form||Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Seats Offered||2000 seats in total|
|Applications Per Year||About 3 Lakh|
Why Take BITSAT?
- In case of scoring less in JEE Main, BITSAT works as a savior. It is an entry-ticket to the best institutes in India. Download BITSAT Practice Papers
- State Board toppers are offered direct admission.
- BITS allows candidates to choose their preferred ‘course combinations’.
- The salary and placements offered at the best in market.
- The infrastructure and ambience of all BITS campuses is par excellence.
BITS Fee Structure
The following fees schedule is applicable for candidates seeking new admission in 2020:
|Application Fees (one time)||Male – INR 2950, Female – INR INR 2450|
|Admission Fees (one time)||INR 16,500|
|Semester Fees (per semester)||INR 42,800|
NOTE: Admission Fee (one-time) and Semester Fee (for the First Semester) are to be paid together once admission is offered to the candidate. Thus, a candidate who has been offered admission will have to pay INR 59,300-. You may choose to make the payment using Netbanking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card through the Online Application Centre.
BITSAT 2020 Exam Dates
BITS Pilani released the information brochure along with the schedule of examination at bitsadmission.com. Scheduled is given below:
|Availability of BITSAT Application Form 2020||January 04 – March 31, 2020|
|Application Form Correction||March 22 – 25, 2020 |
|Allotment of Test Centers ||March 27, 2020|
|Slot Booking Dates 2020||April 05 – 12, 2020|
|Issue of BITSAT 2020 Admit Card||April 12 – May 10, 2020|
|BITSAT 2020 Exam Date||May 16 – 30, 2020|
|Apply for admission with 12th marks and Preferences||May 16 – June 18, 2020|
|Announcement of Waiting list||June 21, 2020|
|Counselling||June 20 – August 8, 2020|
Check BITSAT Schedule
Eligibility for BITSAT 2020
The basic eligibility to appear for BITSAT 2020 is to secure a minimum of 60% in each of the subjects of class 12. The course-wise eligibility is listed below:
Eligibility Criteria for B.E. (Hons.), M.Sc. (Hons.) and M.Sc. (Tech.) Programs
- Candidates must have passed class 12th examination from a recognized board, with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects.
- They must secure the minimum aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
Eligibility Criteria for B. Pharm (Hons.) Programs
- Students must have successfully passed class 12th examinations with minimum 75% aggregate marks.
- They must have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as the main subjects in Class 12th.
Read BITSAT Eligibility 2020
BITSAT 2020 Registration
The application process for BITSAT 2020 will start from January 04, 2020. The process to apply is completely online. The steps to fill the BITSAT application form are mentioned below:
- Step 1: Application Form- Filling- Enter your personal and academic details to generate a unique application number.
- Step 2: Upload Scanned Images- Make sure the size of the image is between 4 kb to 50 Kb (for photograph) and 1 kb to 30 kb (for signature)
- Step 3: Payment of Application Fee- This varies for male & female candidates and NRI candidates. The online application fee can be paid by credit card/debit card or net banking while the offline payment can be made through a bank challan.
BITSAT application fee is depicted below:
|For Male candidates||INR 2950|
|For Female candidates||INR 2450|
|For NRI candidates||$70 (INR 4500)|
NOTE:In addition to applying and appearing for BITSAT-2020, candidates have to also apply for admission to BITS giving details of their 12th marks and preferences to different degree programmes offered at three Indian campuses of BITS.
BITSAT Application Form FAQs
Ques. I am unable to access BITSAT 2020 online application form. Can you send BITSAT application form by email or post?
Ans. BITSAT application form cannot be sent by email or post. If you get any specific error while applying, please send an email to email@example.com for help with the required details.
Ques. What is the application procedure for NRIs?
Ans. There is no separate procedure for NRIs. However, those candidates who have citizenship other than INDIA can apply under the International students’ admissions scheme. Know more
Ques. Does any other university admit students based on BITSAT 2020 score?
Ans. Yes, there are universities which admit students using BITSAT 2020 scores. NIIT University will now be accepting BITSAT scores for admission into their programs. BITS Pilani has no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of programs at NIIT University.
BITSAT 2020 Admit Card
- Candidates can download admit card tentatively from April 12, 2020.
- BITSAT Hall Ticket can be downloaded from the official website.
- The hall ticket includes the following details: Name of the candidate, Photograph and Signature, application number, test centre details, Test date, Test time, Date of exam, test slot and exam instructions.
- Use BITSAT Application Number, Date of Birth and Email ID to download the admit card.
- In case of any discrepancy or incorrect information in BITSAT Admit Card, report the conducting authority in time for the generation of a new admit card with correct information.
Sample of BITSAT Admit Card
BITSAT 2020 Test Centers
- BITSAT is scheduled to be conducted in 50 exam cities across India and an International center in Dubai, UAE.
- A candidate planning to appear for the test in India can indicate a maximum of 3 exam center preferences.
- Those planning to appear for the test in Dubai center can only be able to set the preference for one center only.
The below map represents all the exam cities of BITSAT:
BITSAT 2020 Slot Booking
- The slot booking process of BITSAT 2020 will start tentatively on April 5, 2020 at 10 AM.
- It is an online process wherein candidates have to select their desired test date and time slot for the exam.
- BITSAT Slot Booking is offered on First Come First Serve Basis.
- In case candidates who don’t book a slot for BITSAT, they will be offered slots by the institute.
- Post booking the slots, BITSAT Admit Card will be issued. The process of booking BITSAT Slot includes following steps:
- Login with application number and date of birth.
- Choose an exam center.
- Choose a test date.
- Select a test slot.
- Submit the details.
BITSAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Quick highlights of BITSAT Exam Pattern are discussed below:
- Mode of exam- BISAT is conducted in online mode.
- Duration- The time duration of the examination is 3 hours.
- Sectional Time Limit- There is no time limit for individual parts of the test.
- Total Questions- A candidate has to solve 150 questions.
- Nature of Questions- All questions are of objective type.
- Marking Scheme- Each correct answer is credited with 3 marks.
- Negative Marking- There is a penalty of 1 mark which will be levied on answering the question wrongly.
- Sections– A candidate has to answer questions from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning.
The distribution of questions among the sections is depicted below:
|Subject||Number of questions|
NOTE: Those who will attempt 150 questions before the completion of 3 hours, will get 12 more questions to their advantage, from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology.
How was BITSAT 2019?
- Physics- The section was easier as compared to previous years. Out of 40, 25-30 were easy to answer. Most questions came from Mechanics.
- Maths– This is reasonably an easy section. Most questions were asked from Algebra.
- Chemistry- This section was of moderate difficulty level. Very few questions from Organic were observed, which were a relief to all. A strong hold on Physical Chemistry and Mole Concept is advised.
- English- It was easy too. You could get 12–13 answers and that’s a good number.
- Reasoning– This section was also easy overall. You could have scored well if you practiced the mock test well.
Read BITSAT Analysis
Syllabus for BITSAT 2020
There is no change in BITSAT Syllabus. Candidates must carefully go through their class 11 and 12 syllabi of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. 40 questions are asked from Physics and Chemistry combined while 45 questions will be put up from Mathematics/Biology.
For the ease of candidates, we have curated BITSATsample papers and mock tests. These will help understand the pattern and important topics to be expected in BITSAT 2020.
Practising BITSAT Sample Papers carry a number of advantage. Some of the benefits are given below:
- To prepare and perform better in BITSAT 2020 test.
- These mock tests are set on the pattern followed by BITSAT 2020.
- Candidates can attempt them to analyze their preparation and performance.
- It is important to solve mock tests and sample papers beforehand to analyze the level of preparation and areas that need improvement.
BITSAT Preparation Books
Candidates preparing for BITSAT 2020 must refer to the below books. These books have been sworn by the toppers. They include topics that are frequent in BITSAT question paper and can help you improve your score.
- NCERT Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (Std. XI and XII)
- BITSAT Explorer by MTG Learning Media Pvt. Ltd.
- A Complete Success Package for Online BITSAT by Arihant Experts (With CD)
- The Pearson Complete Guide to the BITSAT
- Wren & Martin for English
BITSAT 2020 Results
- The result for BITSAT is released in two parts.
- One, candidates can check their BITSAT Score just when they complete their exam. The computer screen displays the result in terms of number of total correct answers and wrong answers along with the scores
- Second, an admit list and wait list of iteration is released in June month.
- Adding to this, the college also releases a tentative score report online.
To check the results online, follow the below steps:
Step 1: Visit the official website of BITS.
Step 2: Click on the tab for “Online Result for BITS 2020”.
Step 3: Enter their name, application number, date of birth and roll no. and submit
Step 4: The online Scorecard for BITS 2020 will appear on the screen.
Step 5: Download it for further use
BITSAT Answer Keys– BITS does not release any official answer key. However, some leading coaching institutes release the answers. Once the answer key for BITSAT 2020 is out, you can match your answers and find out the probable score.
Highlights of BITSAT Score (2014-2018)
|No of Candidates with score >=400||162||256||246||304||381||280|
|No of Candidates with score >=350||1316||1926||2097||2319||2773||2044|
|No of Candidates with score >=300||5860||7171||8184||8789||9290||7488|
|No of Candidates with score >=250||17044||19341||21821||22441||23458||19746|
|No of Candidates with score >=225||25617||28720||31882||32565||33633||29079|
Preparation of BITSAT Merit List for Admission
Only eligible candidates who score the required minimum marks will be able to participate in admission rounds. Interested candidates are required to submit Admission Application with class 12 marks and preferences to different BITS Campuses. Admission decisions for Iteration 1 Result will be announced in the month of June, 2020.
- Further details about different iterations will be announced on the BITSAT 2020 admission website.
- The merit position of such eligible candidates will be prepared on the basis of BITSAT 2020 scores.
- 2 separate merit lists will be prepared for admission: All Programs except B.Pharm and Only B.Pharm Program.
Read more about BITSAT Merit List
Expected BITSAT 2020 Cut Off
BITSAT 2020 cut off is the qualifying marks which must be scored by candidates to participate in admission rounds. The cut off scores vary from year to year
Here is the branch-wise cutoff for all BITS campuses for your reference:
|Course||Expected Cutoff for BITS Pilani||Expected Cutoff for BITS Goa||Expected Cutoff for BITS Hyderabad|
|B.E.(Hons.): Chemical ||306||276||272|
|B.E.(Hons.): Electrical & Electronics||355||320||310|
|B.E.(Hons.): Computer Science||382||350||339|
|B.E.(Hons.): Electronics & Instrumentation||332||301||298|
|M.Sc. Biological Sciences||237||202||202|
BITSAT is conducted for all the degree-level courses in engineering, pharmacy & science. These courses are offered by various campuses of BITS- Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad and Dubai.
The below table explains the availability of these courses in each campus:
|Programme||Field||Pilani Campus||Goa Campus||Hyderabad Campus||Dubai Campus|
|Electrical & Electronics Engg.||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Electronics & Communication Engg.||✖||✔||✔||✔|
|Electronics & Instrumental Engg.||✔||✔||✔||✔|
BITSAT 2020 Counselling Procedure
The Dean Admissions,
- Candidates who get a call for admission have to go through a separate registration process.
- The admission form will be available on the official website from June 20, 2020 onwards.
- Along with the admission form, candidates also have to submit details of their 12th marks and preference of courses.
- The admission form must be sent to the address given below, with attested copies of class 10th and 12th Marksheet by June 20, 2020.
BITS Pilani 333 031
- BITSAT 2020 Counselling will be done in 5 iterations.
- If BITSAT 2020 total score is the same for two candidates then, the candidate who has obtained higher marks in Mathematics/ Biology will be given preference in allotment of seats.
- Direct admissions will be given to all those students who will obtain the first rank in their respective State/ Central board exams, irrespective of their BITSAT 2020 Score.
- There is no reservation in BITSAT 2020.
Scholarships to BITS
There are various kinds of scholarships that candidates can avail. It is important to fulfill the eligibility conditions before applying for these. You can read the details of scholarships below:
- Board Toppers– Candidates who secure the top 3 positions in class XII in their respective boards are given a merit scholarship of 100%, 75% and 50% of the first semester tuition fee respectively for the first semester
- Merit in Qualifying Examination
- Students who have obtained 90% or above in the aggregate of the Qualifying Examination are given a merit scholarship of 20% of first-semester tuition fee.
- Students who have obtained 80% or above but less than 90% in the aggregate of the Qualifying Examination are given a merit scholarship of 15% of the first-semester tuition fee.
- Merit in Competitive Examinations Students who have appeared in NEET or JEE-Advanced for admission to engineering programmes, are awarded scholarships ranging from 25%-75% in the first-year tuition fee depending on the score secured in the examination.